Sharee talks about being mindful and ever so present when you eat. As a traveler there is more so of a reason to keep this in mind because you are not in the comfort of your home. In addition to the tips mentioned in the video, these are additional tips for travelers:
- Pack your snacks with you. This saves time and money.
- Eating at a restaurant? Check out the menu in the advance so that you'll be prepared when it's time to order.
- Eating at a buffet (ie. restaurant or cruise lido deck)? Circle the area once (twice is better) and stick to the main 3- lean protein, carb/starch, and vegetables before considering dessert.
- Eating at a fast food? Order a salad, and soup or potato. If none of these options are on the menu, and you must eat a burger or sandwich, go with the regular size portion (no supersizing).
- You want to be active when you travel, so take time to portion your foods. You don't need anything slowing your down or making you feel sluggish.
Rhonda & Sharee Washington