Sometimes during either a hectic workday between jobs or even during our travels, we find ourselves eating on the run. In the past it meant eating a high priced meal at the airport or a stop-over at a fast-food hub for an order of fries (or a veggie or black-bean burger if it's on the menu). We've gotten a lot more efficient during these times by having a few snack items on hand that can give you a "pow" to get you through the day. Here are a few of our favorite "power foods" that are our go to's:
1) Veggie chips- no sodium, low in calories, and edges your appetite. We can't just eat one....bag. Between the two of us, we can complete an entire bag in less than 15 minutes.
2) Rice cakes- often snacked together with veggie chips. Similar benefits as veggie chips with sea salt for taste.
3) Nuts- almonds are our favorites. It's a great source for protein and essential vitamins such as Vitamin E, B2, and iron. And how about this... it's been known to lower people's risk of heart disease.
4) Sardines- new to our list, it's actually quite nutritious once you get past the smell. High source of calcium, protein, iron, and most of the essential B vitamins.
5) Water- we carry a filtered water bottle with us everywhere we go. It flushes out toxins, and makes our skin glisten. :-)
What are your favorite snack go to's when you travel or on the run?
Rhonda & Sharee Washington